Read about my trip to Florence, Italy where between my weekend travels throughout Europe, Italian language courses, fashion marketing internship and Tuscan wine tastings on the weekends, I'm not sure if I'll ever want to return to "The States"...

Sunday, January 31, 2010

One Small World.


Now that all 150 students on our program have arrived, along with the 7,000 other American students who study abroad in Florence every semester I was bound to run into someone I know soon. By that I mean I was expecting to see maybe one or two people, not the dozens I ran into at Yab last night. I am not exaggerating when I say I saw so many people. Everyone was there from the guy who interviewed me for my internship last week, to friends of friends that I’ve met, to people from my hometown. I even saw a girl who was on my swim team when I was five years old. It was so weird. We took a picture of all the University of Wisconsin kids that were there are there were at least 10 of us and all from different programs. I’m going to try to go to Italian bars more often because if it continues to be like last night I’m not going to even feel like I’ve left the country. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun to run into all those people, but I’m just going to try to get the full experience of living in Italy while I’m here and not the American version of it.

I start my internship tomorrow! I don’t want to jinx it by telling you about it right now since the last job they set me up with I wasn’t that great, but after tomorrow I’m sure I’ll tell you everything. Wish me luck! I’m going to need it especially since I’ll be taking a bus there and seeing that I’m not a very good traveler even in my own country, this should be an interesting learning experience. A domani!

No comments:

Post a Comment