Read about my trip to Florence, Italy where between my weekend travels throughout Europe, Italian language courses, fashion marketing internship and Tuscan wine tastings on the weekends, I'm not sure if I'll ever want to return to "The States"...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Final Destination.


Viva Firenze! After waking up at 3:30 a.m. to catch our early flight (which didn’t even matter because I currently have no concept of time), waiting on the runway during a 2 hour delay, flying over an amazing view of the Alps, arriving in Bologna and taking a beautiful bus ride into Florence, I have arrived. UNBELIEVABLE. Mom, Dad, Gammy, Granddad, Meme, and Bobbob, I cannot thank you all enough for making this trip possible. If you have ever seen Florence in a movie or even pictures, you can picture exactly where I am living-only better. For the next two weeks, all eight of the interns are living in this amazing hotel right on the Florentine equivalent to 5th Avenue in New York. Looking out our window I can see the storefront windows of the headquarters of Prada, Gucci, and Roberto Cavalli. No biggie.

Our internship coordinator and three other professors just took us out to a THREE HOUR meal where we feasted on Tuscan cheeses, meats, pasta, and dessert, each of which were expertly paired with wine and champagne. Florence is already a place I feel like I know my way around and will definitely be able to call home for the next 4 months. We’re about to hit up a discoteca so more on Florence’s nightlife tomorrow. Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment