Read about my trip to Florence, Italy where between my weekend travels throughout Europe, Italian language courses, fashion marketing internship and Tuscan wine tastings on the weekends, I'm not sure if I'll ever want to return to "The States"...

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fiesole



Friday afternoon I was bored because I had been in Europe for 6 weeks already but had not yet left the country of Italy. Now, I know that Italy is probably the best place possible to be “stuck” for 6 weeks, but I knew I wanted to do something adventurous to make the most of my time here before I travel for the next 8 weekends in a row. I googled “things to do in Florence” and found a website that recommended some good day trips from Florence. Since I had already done most of them, including Siena, San Gimignano, and Pisa, I decided to look up Fiesole.

Fiesole is a small town that was just a twenty minute bus ride from il centro where I live. Laura, Ally, and I hopped on the bus number 7 and figured we would just ride it to the end. Once we arrived in Fiesole we wandered around looking for “il ufficio di turista” and were “helped” by some Italian woman who forgot to take off her grumpy pants before coming into work that day. We came to Fiesole mostly for the hiking that the website recommended, so armed with our 90s look of gym shoes and sweatshirts tied around our waists (Spinks even had a fanny pack), we headed off for the most advanced course. I wasn’t aware that Fiesole was known for its views, but we got to the first terrace and were rewarded with the best view of Italy I have ever seen (see picture above).

The trip was definitely worth it especially because my buns are feeling the burn today. I would say that we are going to go again but I only have one more weekend in Florence for the rest of the time I am in Europe! Ahhh the rest of my trip is going to fly by!

2 comments:

  1. The 4-aco-dmt pellets.Vaping DMT makes it much more convenient when compared to actually lighting it up and smoking it. A client can accomplish a full hallucinogenic involvement with 5-15 minutes. Significantly less when contrasted with psilocybin, LSD, or most different. DMT vape pan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redotex supplements contain norpseudoephedrine, which is an amphetaminelike drug; atropine sulfate, which stimulates the circulatory and respiratory systems; where to buy redotex.

    ReplyDelete