Read about my trip to Florence, Italy where between my weekend travels throughout Europe, Italian language courses, fashion marketing internship and Tuscan wine tastings on the weekends, I'm not sure if I'll ever want to return to "The States"...

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pirene.it

Since this week hasn’t been too adventurous, I am going to take this opportunity to rave about my internship. I LOVE MY JOB. Seriously, I could not have asked for a better experience. I work for an event planning company called Pirene, named for the mythical water fountain that Pegasus used to drink out of. Cheesy, I know, but it sounds much better when Italians say the name-kind of like everything else romantic or poetic. The title of this blog is the website if you want to check it out. For those of you unfamiliar with the Italian language, just click on the icon of the British flag in the top right corner to translate the page (some of which was done by yours truly).

I’m learning absolutely everything, from designing pamphlets, to writing press releases, to fund raising through sponsorships, and even how to speak Italian (solo un po’). My boss is great, my co-workers are awesome, even my boss’ “slave-man”, for lack of a better term, is fun to talk to. He is Indian (I think) but thinks he is fluent in both Italian and English. Funny thing is though, only the Italians can understand his English and only I can understand his Italian because he obviously speaks like someone who is no where near fluent, like all of us.

I’ll stop raving now, but I just thought you should all know (and by all, I mean the five of you who actually read this) that I am being productive here and not just gallivanting around Europe for four months. But don’t worry, I’m making time for that too ;). For example, tomorrow I’m going to Milan to visit the fashion capital of Europe…yay! Buon fin de settimana!

No comments:

Post a Comment